We kept busy around the house over the weekend too. Clay finished up sanding and refinishing the desk chair for his childhood bedroom set. It looks brand new. Miles has already tested it out and approves. Good thing because it will be his in a few years.
Clay also fixed my clogged up sink over the weekend so I can finally do all my dishes at once. It was quite a stinky fix and I am so lucky to have a handy husband who could fix it for me. I would not have had the stomach to do the job even if I knew how, that's for sure. Yuck! Lesson learned though, our garbage disposal cannot handle lime peels, even if they are supposed to make your sink smell good.
We are still harvesting and eating veggies from our garden. I think I have finally figured out the best way to fix fried zucchini. Yum! I've also made lots of spaghetti sauce and although every batch turns out a little different, they are all yummy. I might try canning some if I get enough to make a decent sized batch. We also sun dried a bunch of tomatoes. I'm excited to use them this winter in some pasta recipes. I love sun dried tomatoes!
With the weather cooling down, we've been out walking and hiking more. The dogs are happy to be able to run a little more and Miles never complains about spending time outside. I ordered a new carrier for Miles with some of my birthday money. The one that we have just isn't very comfortable for me and this one comes with really good reviews. I can't wait to try it out.
1 comment:
look at you go girl. I am so impressed. Miles is such a cutie. I am glad all is going well with you guys. It is fun to read what you all are up to. Take care and good luck with finding out what to do with the fresh veggies.
Post a Comment