We just returned home from a trip to Michigan and Chicago. I have lots of pictures so I'm going to do a few installments this week.
We flew to Chicago last Thursday. I was a little worried about flying with Leah, since sitting still for several hours at a time is not a regular part of her vocabulary. Turns out, Leah wasn't the thing I should have been worrying about. I bought some applesauce, diced fruit, and fruit juice for the kids to take on the plane since our flight was at dinnertime and I didn't think the airline peanuts were going to cut it for dinner. We got stopped going through security so they could check the food we were carrying. That was not unexpected, but then the applesauce tested positive for explosives according to the machine that goes "bing." They tested it on a second machine and it also set off that machine. Then poor Clay ended up being questioned about where we were going, what we were doing there, he even had to have his hands and feet tested by the silly machine that swore our applesauce was dangerous. They decided that none of our food was safe and it all had to be disposed of. They even dumped the water that the kids had in their sippy cups. I guess I should just be happy they let us get on the plane. Thanks so much TSA for throwing away my kids' dinner. I'm sure the other passengers appreciate that those little containers of applesauce weren't on board that plane. All I can figure is that the cashier rang someone through the checkout line with lighter fluid or fireworks before me that day.
Once we got to Chicago, we spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa U before heading up to Ann Arbor, Michigan for a wedding. The wedding that we were going to didn't start until the evening, so we decided to visit a firehouse museum that afternoon with cousins Clint and Kylee. The kids had fun at the museum, although they were a little sad that they couldn't touch or climb on the old fire trucks. We did find a kids section at the museum though, and Miles was in heaven there. It was neat to see the old fire trucks and we are definitely grateful that if our house catches on fire, they won't be showing up with a hand drawn truck carrying about 20 buckets of water and a ladder to fight the fire. Firetrucks have certainly come a long way in the past 150 years. Here are some pictures from our visit to the fire house museum.
2 comments:
Sorry about the applesauce, that stinks. That museum looks like so much fun. We like museums at our house, maybe because it is the only thing to do here. :)
Looks like you had fun. I love the picture of Leah holding the fireman hat! I am sure Miles had a great time.
Post a Comment