(and doing my best to keep up with Leah)

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Pig Called Moo

Leah made her first official shopping purchase this week. We were browsing around the toy section of the store and she picked this stuffed pig up and hugged it tight. I let her hold onto it while we finished our shopping and then went to put it back so we could leave. She was not letting go of that pig without a fight. I don't know if you all remember Leopard, and how Miles acquired him on a similar shopping trip when he was two. Well Leopard has been one of Miles' favorite possessions since he picked it out at the store, he still sleeps with him at night, so I decided I couldn't deny Leah her choice of her pink pig if that's what she really wanted. Miles likes to tease Leah and tells her all the time that pigs say moo, not oink. He thinks it's pretty funny and poor Leah is convinced that pigs say moo now, so it seems this pig is going to be forever known as "Moo."

Moo was not our only purchase this week. Miles and Leah both love riding the tricycle right now and we only have one. The tricycle is nice for Leah because it has a push bar on it so I can push her along like a stroller so I usually make Miles ride his bike instead of the tricycle, but he always asks to ride his tricycle. Friday afternoon I went online and checked out the classifieds to see how much it would cost me to get a second tricycle. As luck would have it, there was one for sale pretty close to us for $10. It was a little (ok, a lot!) rusty, but when Miles tried it out he loved it so for $10 I figured, why not. I went to work on the rust with some aluminum foil, thanks to a little Google tip, and cleaned the rust right off of it. So far they have been sharing the tricycles very well and enjoying riding up and down the street. I think it's a pretty cool little tricycle. Wish I could take it for a spin!

I let Miles and Leah try out their camera shooting skills this afternoon. They both took their very first pictures all by themselves. Here is a photo Miles' took of me.

And one of me and Leah.

And here is the one Leah took of Miles. Not too bad!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Leah is so dang cute... Miles has gotten so big. Hope you guys are well and having a GREAT summer. Love you tons!