We have visitors! Lots of visitors. We have been having so much fun that I haven't had a chance to sit down and update the blog with all of our adventures. We have been busy, and there are days when we have been worn out, but I would much rather have days with too many people to see, too many things to do, and too many places to go, than sit home bored and lonely, so we aren't complaining. In fact we are really enjoying seeing everyone.
Clay's parents flew in for their summer visit the end of June. The kids were so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa U (or Ma and Pa as Leah calls them).

That same week my Aunt Charlene and Uncle Dave also flew in for a visit. They took all the kids out for ice cream at the DQ. Judging by the little faces in this picture, I think they all enjoyed it.


Two of my sister's kids, Lauren and Lexi, stopped by for an overnight visit. The kids enjoyed spending some time with their cousins.

My Great Uncle Ray flew out for a couple weeks to visit as well. He loved spending time with the kids and made sure to spoil them while he was here.

Even my Aunt Donna stopped by to celebrate Leah's birthday with us. She lives just a few minutes away so I don't know if she officially counts as a visitor, but we always love it when she stops by to say hi.

And last, but not least, Clint and Kylee decided to join Grandma and Grandpa U here for a few weeks this summer as well. Leah and Miles are really enjoying all the time with their cousins.

We even got Clay's brother and his wife to fly out for a short visit. Now that we know how to get them out here for a visit (just hold their kids ransom for a few weeks ;-)) maybe we'll be able to get them out here for another visit again sometime. I'll have to type up another post with all the pics from their visit because there are quite a few and this post is already getting a little out of control with all these pics.
We took Clint and Kylee to the zoo one day for some fun. It was a busy day at the zoo, and hot too, but the kids all had fun anyway.
Riding the train



The leopard was being quite cooperative and posed for some pics for us.

The dinosaurs. Miles was still a little scared of the big ones, even though Clint went right up to them to show him that they were friendly.



We also stopped by Clay's lab on our way home so the kids could see what he does all day at work. They all checked out some cells under the microscope.



Leah adores Kylee and follows her around all day long. Kylee had the magic touch and snuggled Leah to sleep one afternoon. I might have to keep her around.

Leah loves to help Daddy water the garden. She got her very own watering can for her birthday and insists on filling it up from the hose all by herself.

Miles borrowed Leah's pillow pet from Uncle Ray to take a little nap on. I was surprised that Leah actually let him.

Leah celebrated her 2nd birthday early in the month. She tried and tried to blow out the candles on her cake, but in the end she needed just a little help. She didn't need any help eating her cake or ice cream this year though. It was gone in a flash!


She was a pro at opening her gifts too. She loved everything she got and has been in heaven with all her new stuff.


Grandpa U made her some of his famous guacamole and she didn't need any help eating that either. I'm surprised she shared any with the rest of us!

Can't believe how fast my baby girl is growing up.
2 comments:
You guys are always doing so many fun things. Happy Birthday to Leah! I am so glad that you have had so many fun visitors. One day maybe we will make it that way. :) Love you tons!!! and your comment about marriage so so true.
Well I know one way to help if your baby is growing up too fast! I am not sure Clay would agree though. Glad I was able to stop by and say hi yesterday. Looks like you are keeping very busy with everyone. You won't know what to do once August comes around. Hopefully we will be there to have fun together.
Post a Comment