I'm not sure why she made such a funny face during her haircut. She said she liked it, but she made this face the whole time.
And here is the after. The lady at the salon asked Leah if she wanted her to blow dry it straight and Leah said yes, so here is Leah with straight hair. It will be interesting to see how short it is when we wash it and it curls back up. The lady actually said little girls with curls do much better with short hair since they tend to get so tangled during the day so she thought we were doing the right thing. It was definitely nice and easy to comb this morning. Maybe we'll wait a few days to wash it again.
Miles had to do his first big project for school last week. We had to do a diorama of an animal that lives in our area. Miles picked a skunk. We smell them all the time, so we definitely know they live around here. We used modeling clay to make it and thought it turned out pretty cute. We even made baby skunks for the burrow, but I couldn't get a good picture of them once we put them in it.
This child does not like to have his picture taken anymore. This was as good a photo as I could get.
We have had this helicopter land in our back yard a couple times. I couldn't figure out why it sounded like a helicopter was landing in my yard, until I looked out the window and saw that it nearly was in my yard. It is the medical helicopter and I guess since the fire station is behind us the helicopter like to pay them a visit sometimes. They haven't been flying any patients on it, thank goodness, but I guess it's nice to know that if we ever need it, it is there.
Leah had another first a couple weeks ago. She had to have her front tooth pulled since it had died and had an abscess under it as a result of this injury. She was a very brave girl and didn't cry at all. It helped that she had some medicine to make her very sleepy first. She was very giggly and silly for a few hours afterward. Once she could walk again, she wanted to walk to the bathroom by herself but she kept running into the wall. We both thought that was pretty funny. I asked her to show me her missing tooth and this is what I got.
Here is the tooth. It was much bigger than I thought it would be. The dentist said the infection was eating away at the root though so it is a good thing it is out now so her adult tooth can come in nice and healthy. Leah says it doesn't hurt to chomp anymore.
Here is a natural smile showing the missing tooth. Most of the time she doesn't smile big enough for it to be very noticeable.
The dentist did say that Miles has two wiggly front teeth at his check up a few weeks ago. Soon I will have two kids with toothless grins.
Are you ready for a visitor Grandma and Grandpa? Miles and Leah are packed and ready to go.
1 comment:
I love the new haircut!!!! Hope you all had a GREAT Thanksgiving. Sending much love your way during the Holidays and always.
Post a Comment