(and doing my best to keep up with Leah)

Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's Official!

She's not a newborn anymore. How do I know this? It's not because she is now 3 months old (or 13 weeks). It's not because she can hold her head up. It's not even because she's a good sleeper at night. It's because I wake up every morning and see that little smile and hear her little sqeals and think, I could totally have another one. Sneaky Mother Nature and her selective memory- I'm on to her tricks this time. I still struggle to get her to nap anywhere but in my arms and let me tell you she's getting rather heavy to hold these days. My shoulders are constantly aching. But she is a good baby and I'm so happy we decided to add her to our family.

We had a nice visit with Leslie and the kids last week. We got so used to seeing them every day we almost forgot that they had to go back home. We tried to get a picture with all the little ones together, but after about 30 shots this is as good as I could get. This is Miles and Leah. Isaac and Sarah, and Clara and Macey (my cousin, Steve's kids).

My mom holding Sarah, and Leslie with Leah. Leah and Sarah are 6 weeks apart.

I think I'm going to get rid of my couches and replace them with more of these chairs. Now I will have 3 of them fighting over it.


Trying out the exersaucer while mom loads the laundry.

Miles in his "engine here hat'

Best buds. Miles didn't quite get into the whole hugging thing, but he loved playing soccer with his buddy, Isaac. Miles has been missing him again this week.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Well we had a great time and I am going to post our zoo pictures. We really need to live in the same city!!! We had so much fun hanging out.

Holly said...

How fun!!!! Leah is a doll. Miles is so cute in his hat. Hope you all are doing well. Haven't talked with you for awhile.