(and doing my best to keep up with Leah)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

He's Got Game

Miles started soccer this week. Can I just start this off by saying how cute he looks in his uniform, because he is quite possibly the cutest little soccer player I've ever seen. He even has little shin guards, which we were told were recommended for all age groups. I had to search high and low on the shelves at the sporting goods store to find some that fit his little legs without hitting his knees. He is proud of his little shin guards and even though he doesn't love his socks, he tolerated them so he could wear his shin guards.


Saturday was his first day and they just had a little clinic for the kids to teach them about the field and teach them how to do a few things like kicking the ball toward the goal. Miles really liked kicking the ball in the goal. The other stuff... well lets just say he really liked kicking the ball in the goal. All in all though, I thought the day went well. There was one little girl there that pretty much just laid down on the field and cried the whole time and Miles never did that so he definitely had that going for him.

Today was his second day. They started off by doing another little clinic for the first 20 minutes or so. Again, Miles liked kicking his ball in the goal which they did to start it off. Then they did some stretches, they ran around the field, they practiced kicking the ball back and forth over the line, and Miles, he watched the birds. In Miles' defense, there were a lot of birds to watch.

They started the game after they finished doing all the little drills and talking about the rules and Miles got to play first. He lined up in the middle of the field with all the players and that is where he stayed. He did talk a little girl into hanging out with him for a few minutes instead of running after the ball so then he wasn't the only one standing there watching the birds. Oh yeah, he spotted a few helicopters too. At one point the ball might have been kicked toward him and he made sure to move out of the way of all the kids chasing it. And that was pretty much how Miles' first soccer game went. Gotta love the kid.

His next game is on Thursday. I can't wait to see what Miles' has planned for that one. Maybe we better take a look at golf for next season.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Miles is a cutie. I think all little ones play with the grass or watch whatever.. I know Robbie did. Super cute...

Leslie said...

So cute! I love the uniform. I can totally see him stepping out of the way for the ball. We will have to see if he and Isaac can kick the ball back and forth. It will be fun for us at least. Way to go Miles!