(and doing my best to keep up with Leah)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

18 Months and Counting

Leah is officially 18 months old now. My baby is growing up too fast. She definitely keeps us on our toes, but she is so much fun to have around. She absolutely adores her brother, that is when she isn't hitting him because he is sitting where she wants to sit, or playing with toys that she wants to play with, or reading a book that she wants to read, but usually she just follows him around and does whatever he is doing. She still doesn't have a huge vocabulary, but she says "Maya" really well now and "book" and "bath" are pretty decipherable too. She really loves books now, they rank right up there with her baby dolls. We usually have to drag one around with us whenever we run errands. I still love to hear her call me "Mama" and I have to confess, even at 5 in the morning when I have to trudge into her room to get her because she wants to come and snuggle with us, when she wraps her arms around me and says, "Mama" it always makes me smile (and that is hard to do at 5am). She learned how to give kisses recently and I caught this little moment on tape the other day.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

So cute - I have to admit I laughed when she thought she was going to sit down on the chair!

Holly said...

How fun!!! I love that age. I hope her teeth are doing better. Love ya!