
We had an exciting weekend last week. Leah and I decided to go visit Leslie, Gary, Isaac, and Sarah in Washington for a few days. It started with an early morning flight on Thursday. It was a small plane so we had to walk outside to board the plane. Leah was so excited to see the other planes that she didn't seem to realize that she was getting on a plane too. I had to practically drag her up the ramp to our plane. The plane was pretty empty so even though Leah was supposed to sit on my lap for the flight, she got to sit in her very own seat instead. She was very excited to be in her own seat and loved playing with the seat belt. The seat belt alone entertained her for the first half of the flight. The remainder of the flight she played with the seat back table, the window shade, the arm rest, and talked to the other people walking by. Even though she had an ear infection, she did really well on the flight.


We were very excited to be the first official visitors to Leslie and Gary's new house. As the first visitors, they made sure that we were thoroughly spoiled for the duration of our trip. They have a great house and have done a nice job decorating it. I'm very jealous of their big family room where the kids could run off all their energy downstairs. The weather was nice and we got to spend quite a bit of time outdoors while we were there. We took the kids to a few parks, went for a walk around a little lake, and even ventured to the mall. Leslie is a great cook and I definitely enjoyed all the yummy food she made for us.


We rented the dancing game for their Wii while we were there and spent several hours each day dancing along to it. It was a lot of fun and it must have been a good workout because Leslie and I were a little sore the next day. Gary surprised us when he got home from work and joined in on the fun and even beat our scores! Isaac was a great little dancer too. I think he even beat me a couple times.

Sarah is such a cute little thing. She and Leah are only 6 weeks apart. It is amazing how similar they are and yet so different at times too. They both have bright blue eyes, sweet little curls in their hair, and fiery tempers. They were both on their best behavior during our visit though and they played together really well. It was nice because while they were playing together and entertaining each other, Leslie and I got to sit and chat. They enjoyed playing with the baby dolls, making us lots of sandwiches with the play food, and pushing each other around in the stroller. I missed some great picture opportunities of the two of them together, but when you're dealing with 1 year olds, you have to be fast. I still managed to get a few cute pictures of them together.



Isaac was a little sad that I didn't bring Miles along, but he was very sweet with the little girls. He made sure that I got my daily share of little boy snuggles that I was missing while I was away from Miles. We are excited for their visit in a couple weeks so he and Miles and have some fun together too. I also promised him that next time I come to visit, I will bring Miles with me.



I think my boys enjoyed their "boys weekend" while Leah and I were gone. The weather here was nice so they went to the park. Miles requested hamburgers for dinner so he and his daddy cooked some out on the grill and even ate outside on the back porch. Clay had to get some work done on Friday, so Miles headed up to Grandma and Grandpa B.'s house for a little vacation of his own Friday morning. He was very excited about his "vacation" too. They made sure he was thoroughly spoiled while he was there and he was excited to tell me all about his visit when I got home. He enjoyed his pancakes with a whipped cream smiley face, playing golf with Grandpa in the backyard, playing the Mr. Potato Head game that he has been eying, and home made chocolate chip cookies.
Thank you Leslie, Gary, Isaac, and Sarah for such a fun visit. We miss you all! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa B. for helping out with Miles and giving him a great vacation too.
1 comment:
Your trip sounds like so much fun! next time you all need to fly here. ;) Glad you had fun!!! or maybe I can just come to Utah and meet you for lunch or something. :)
Post a Comment