A few weeks ago we decided to let Miles try a little mountain biking in the forest while we took the dogs for a run. He handled the single track like a pro.
The sun was setting toward the end of our walk/ride and I thought it would be fun to play with my camera a little and take some pictures with the sun behind them.
I loved how this picture of Maya turned out.
The next weekend, Leah decided it was her turn to take her bike on the trails. She did a pretty good job too.
Of course, Miles wanted to ride his bike again too. It is hard to get a picture of him from the front because I can't keep up with him.
We got a little dusting of snow a few weeks ago. It didn't stay on the ground at our house long but it stuck around the tops of the mountains for a few days.
We also took a little trip to a pumpkin patch so Leah could pick out her pumpkin. (Miles picked his out on a school field trip a few weeks ago.) It was quite a drive to get there, but the kids enjoyed all the fun things to do at the pumpkin patch. They had a hay ride, a train ride, a merry-go-round, some tractors, a petting zoo, and even a few shows.
Here is Leah with the pumpkin she picked out at the pumpkin patch.
One of Clay's friend's from high school/college drove up to visit for the day a few weeks ago. The last time we saw them, their oldest son was a baby. Now I think he is 12 and their youngest son is 9. I guess it's been a while! The kids enjoyed roasting marshmallows for s'mores in the fire pit out back.
I think Clay said he has known Dennis since preschool.
Miles' school had a grandparents/special friends day last week. Since my dad was going deer hunting, my mom decided to come down by herself for a short visit. Here they are working on a project at Miles' school.
We took Grandma B out for a walk in the woods too.
While she was here the kids enjoyed baking lots of goodies with Grandma and we made these creatures for Halloween. I thought they turned out really cute. Miles made the bat and the kitty, Grandma and Leah made the witch, and I made the monster.
1 comment:
Love the Halloween craft. Need instructions please! Looks like a nice hike/biking area. Great pictures of the kids. Glad you had fun with your mom.
Post a Comment