Earlier this year we discovered the kids' workshops at Home Depot each month. Since then, we have really enjoyed making the projects each month and look forward to the first Saturday of the month. In September we found out they were going to be making fire trucks for the month of October. Miles was so excited to make his firetruck he would ask me each morning how many more days it was going to be before Home Depot day. Finally the big day arrived and it did not disappoint. They even had a local fire truck and ambulance there for the kids.
I asked him if he was having fun and this is the response I got.
They both love to use the hammer and Leah rarely hits my fingers anymore.
They love pinning their new pin on their apron each month too.
All done!
Time to check out the firetruck and ambulance.
I've seen how this girl drives a boat and if you ever see her driving a firetruck down the street, I would get out of her way!
The paramedic showed them how to check their oxygen levels on the ambulance.
Leah still enjoys going to her gymnastics class each week. She also still enjoys practicing her skills at home. I see this move practiced on my kitchen counters all day long.
And she practices this one over the top of the couch. I can't say she isn't dedicated.
Miles picked out his Halloween costume a few weeks ago. Too bad Batman had to take a break from fighting the bad guys to work on some homework.
We've also done a few more hikes. This one was to an old cabin.There was a controlled burn near our house a few weeks ago. It is a good thing I saw that they were going to be doing controlled burns before I looked out the window and saw this! I didn't realize it was going to be so close to home though.
They burned for 4 days and each morning we woke up to this. Yuck! We are glad that is all done now.
1 comment:
Love the fire trucks! That was a big hit with a lot of kids. Leah has really grown up since the summer. Holy Cow Batman - nice costume.
Post a Comment