(and doing my best to keep up with Leah)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

30 Days Has September

We have been busy in the yard this month, and pulling a million weeds just doesn't make for many cute pictures.  I couldn't let the month of September pass us by without any fun pictures though, so I decided today that it would be fun to pull out this old dress that I wore when I was little and take a few pictures of Leah in it before she is too big to fit into it.

Unfortunately, the best time for me to take pictures is in the middle of the day, which doesn't make for the best pictures, but we managed to find a little shade and even a few flowers still hanging around.
I call this the Princess Leah hairdo.
 
 
 
 
 Here I am in the same dress.  I was probably 2 years old.



 I was probably closer to Leah's age in this picture.  I think I was about 3 1/2 in this picture.
I thought these clouds looked pretty neat one evening so I took a picture of them.
 
 We could film a reality show called "Hummingbird Wars" in our backyard.  We started with one feeder and the hummingbirds were always fighting over it, so we added another one, and another one.  The hummingbirds just keep coming and they spend more time chasing each other off than they do drinking the syrup.
 
 
 We saw a few rainbows during the monsoon season.  Some of them looked like they ended somewhere in our yard.  We looked and looked for the pot of gold, but had no luck.
 Miles ran in a fun run for his school last week.  He ran 33 laps.  They only let the kids run for a half hour and Miles was mad he didn't get all his numbers checked off on his shirt.  He ran the whole time though and did a great job raising money for his school.  Thank you Grandma and Grandpa B and Grandma and Grandpa U for supporting his school.  They met their goal so he got to have an ice cream party and they got to throw pies in the principal's face.  Miles loves school so much he asked me this weekend why he can't go on Saturday and Sunday too.
 Last weekend our town had a science day in the park.  The kids enjoyed going around to all the booths and doing little experiments and learning about science related topics.  They liked looking through the telescopes at the sun.
 
 Leah made a birds nest and Miles made a set of binoculars.
 Grandma B sent us a package this week with a couple little Halloween projects for the kids to do.  They put these bead projects together last night.  Thanks, Grandma B!
 
 
 Miles put his together all by himself.  He wouldn't let me help at all, although I had to do the ironing of course.
 We had some leftover beads so Leah made a square with them.
 Miles and his monster.

No comments: