Someone had another birthday last week! He seems so grown up sometimes at 6, and yet he still seems so small when he climbs in my lap for a hug. It seems crazy that we're working on science fair projects, reading books together, and meeting him at the bus stop after school when it doesn't seem like that long ago that we were excited to see his first smiles, or hear his first laugh. I'm not ready for the day when he won't want to hold my hand in public anymore, or will stop calling me mommy and I will be just mom, or when he will stop climbing in my bed every morning for a hug. I really hope those days are not coming anytime soon!
He has decided to be camera shy this past year, so I really have to work to get a good smile out of him these days.
He is learning so much this year and is doing well with his reading.
He still loves chocolate, and his favorite color is green.
He still enjoys school, but not his handwriting worksheets.

He is still crazy about lego, trains, pirates, and hotwheels cars and is still not crazy about fruits and vegetables.
He had a pirate party with some of his friends from school over the weekend. The kids decorated their own treasure chests, went on a treasure hunt, and Miles insisted on a pinata. Luckily the weather warmed up and we were able to do the pinata outside. I'm not sure my house would have survived doing a pinata inside, some of the kids were really good with that bat!
Miles, we love you so much and are so proud to have you as our son! We hope you have a spectacular year!
1 comment:
Happy happy birthday Miles!!!!
Post a Comment