(and doing my best to keep up with Leah)

Thursday, August 15, 2013

One, Two, Three...

Four!

Someone in our house celebrated a special day last month.  (Yes, I know I'm a little behind in posting this, but better late than never!)  Four years ago on July 2nd, Leah Grace joined our lives.  We are sure happy that she did.  She wakes up every morning with a smile on her face, ready to conquer whatever we can throw at her.  She thinks that nothing is impossible and I hope that she continues to believe that she can do anything she puts her mind to.  She loves to help in the kitchen and asks me, "Is there anything I can do to help you, Mom?"  She also loves to do "homework" and asks to do several pages in her workbooks each day.  Her new favorite task is taking care of the chickens and she will spend her whole day out in the chicken coop talking to the chickens and checking for eggs if I let her.  She also loves to ride her bike and can ride on the forest trails like her big brother now.  She makes our lives a little bit sweeter, but she isn't afraid to throw a little bit of spice into our lives either.  Happy 4th Birthday, Leah!  We love you!

Grandma and Grandpa B drove down to celebrate Leah's birthday with us.  They gave her this big girl scooter and she is very excited to have her own scooter now so she doesn't have to keep stealing her brother's.
Leah picked out a rainbow cake for her birthday cake and she decorated it herself.  She had a great time separating all those M&Ms and only ate a few of them.
 
 She did a great job!
She patiently waited all day for daddy to get home so she could open the rest of her presents and was very excited to finally open them.  She loved everything, even the clothes!  Mom and Dad gave her a new, bigger bike so she can ride faster through the forest and a Doc McStuffins medical kit so she can take care of her toys just like Doc does.
 

Isaac, Sarah, and Katie gave her a workbook and a lego, and she loves them.  She makes sure to do a few pages in her book each day.
 
 
It took her a few tries to get all those candles blown out, but she didn't give up until they were all out.
Since her birthday falls so close to the 4th of July, we waited a week to have her birthday party with her friends.  She picked out a bicycle cake for her party.  She asked for me to make her cake while she was asleep and surprise her in the morning with it.  I did exactly as I was asked and I think she liked it. 
We forgot to take pictures during the party, it was a little crazy, but we had a fun time.  She picked out a butterfly pinata and all the kids had fun playing with water balloons and water guns in the backyard. 
I think she had a great 4th birthday!  She is already looking forward to next year.   When you're 4, your birthday is pretty much the most important day of the year, so a special thank you to everyone who helped her celebrate and make it a special day for her!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You've been busy blogging! I love her bicycle cake. So cute. At least you don't have to do that next year. We will have to go to the train museum next time - we've never done that. You have some good pics of the kids on the slip and slide.