(and doing my best to keep up with Leah)

Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's the Little Things...


Sometimes it's the little things that make your whole day. Like deciding to sleep from 12:00 to 5:00 am so your mama can get some real sleep for the first time in 7 weeks, or deciding that maybe the thought of sitting in your carseat isn't really cause for a 20 minute scream fest for once. Seeing a little smile like this one...those are the things that make your whole day. This morning I was sitting on the couch with Miles and Leah, Leah was sitting on my lap while Miles read his train book to me. Miles reached over and gently took his baby sister's hand and pointed to the boxcar with it and said, "This is a boxcar Leah, and this is the tender." and I swear she smiled at him.


7 weeks old today


And since he's too busy sleeping to be photographed, here is a picture of my boy with his Grandma U. who he misses having around to play with him all afternoon.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Glad to hear you finally got some sleep. She has a cute smile!

Holly said...

She is a doll. Thanks for the announcement. Glad to hear you got some sleep. Would you like to take Sid now???? I need some sleep.

Miles has gotten so big, how handsome is he. ( I would say cute but my boys always yell and say boys are not cute they are handsome)

Love ya!!!