Remember that old question about your glass being half full or half empty? Well, with Miles it is always completely full, because he refuses to drink from a glass, only a sippy with a "lid". This is not a question of ability, because he drinks quite well from his stacking cups in the bathtub, and I've even thrown a regular cup in the tub and seen him drink from it as well. This has been an ongoing battle between Daddy and Miles for several months and Miles always wins. We finally decided that it is time to make some progress with this issue, especially since we find ourselves out and about more and more without a sippy and a thirsty boy who won't even drink from a straw. We started preparing him on Thursday and told him that Saturday he would have to drink his milk without a lid. He didn't seem to be too upset Saturday morning when I reminded him that he was drinking out of a cup like Mommy and Daddy, but he didn't drink it either. He came back a few times and asked for a lid and we reminded him that he needed to drink without a lid first. Finally around 1:00 in the afternoon, he gave in. Mommy had to help him hold the cup but he took two sips without a lid. His reward was that he got his lid back for the rest of the day. Yesterday he took two sips without a lid again, and today I got him to hold the cup himself and "pretend" to drink. Baby steps.
I posted a few months ago about "leopard", Miles' favorite stuffed animal. Leopard is still his best buddy and I have noticed in the past couple of weeks that leopard has been making appearances in a few new places. I've found leopard in the baby swing, in the bouncy chair, in the cradle and in the crib. The other day leopard was even watching the mobile go around in the crib with the music. It melts my heart to hear him say, "Night night leopard, see you in the morning." and then to yell upstairs from the family room, "go to sleep leopard, I'll see you in the morning." He has adopted all of Leah's animals too. Every time I see him wandering around the house he is always accompanied by a fluffy critter of some sort.
Leah is now officially 8 weeks old. She is becoming an alert, happy baby. She loves to study your face and listen to you talk to her. She is sleeping pretty well now, usually going until 4 or 5 in the morning for her first nighttime nursing session. Mommy is in a much better mood these days as a result. She is starting to get used to her carseat and only screams now if the car isn't moving. She is getting the chubbiest little legs and arms now and I never knew that a baby could have neck rolls on the back of her neck.
Clay is busy harvesting veggies from the garden. He spent the weekend making, freezing, and canning all kinds of stuff. I think we're having homemade spaghetti sauce tonight. Yum!
2 comments:
How cute is miles??? Sid everyonce in a while asks for a cup with a lid still. Leah is a doll. And holy cow batman your veggies are awesome. I would so love to have some of them. Maybe next year we will get our garden in. (Wyoming grow time is a lot shorter than Utah so we will have to see how that goes) Thank you for being a great friend. You are awesome.
That is awesome to have him drink from a normal cup. Just wait - the spills will be coming. Glad you are doing well and getting some sleep. Thanks for Isaacs cute present. He saw the car and didn't care that there was more in the package. I will talk to you later this week. Miss you!!!
Post a Comment